Friday, April 10, 2009

Biking

Since my childhood I was a fan of bi-cycles. The first one I got was when I reached Level 2. It was a different feeling altogether! It took one month for me to find the balance. Since my upbringing was in a village, cycle has always been a mode of transport for me. But I never realized the importance of cycling, until I started gaining weight.

Before coming down to Bangalore I had no idea of how passionate can one be about this particular vehicle, which runs on pure adrenalin. To be honest, I got the new term for a cycle, "Bike." I also met people who are very serious in sending the Go-Green statement to each and every people around them.

Finance people would term Cycle as a low-opex machinery. One time investment and very negligible amount of maintenance. What else do you require?

India, being a hot and humid country, may not attract people to taking to biking for all basic purposes like going to the office.
But weekend rides can be a good way of keeping yourself fit and it is always full of enjoyment, especially when you have lot of bikers, riding in flocks.


Bangalore has always taken the pride of being a beautiful city with nice weather added by the educated youth population swarming in due to the advancement of IT/ITES/TELECOM and others. Now the scenario is changing. With the sudden outburst of people, this city is experiencing the onslaught of every possible bad situation including pollution; air-pollution being the alarming one. To cut the amount of pollution, we need some alternative arrangement like cycle that does not pollute the environment even by a single iota of smoke.


To spread the awareness of cycling Criticalmass (http://criticalmassbangalore.blogspot.com/), holds a biking event on every last Saturday of a month. The rally starts from Cubbon Park at around 3:30-4:30pm and then rolls on to any corner of Bangalore. The best part of this rally is BIKE-SALUTING. I have been a part of this rally and found it quite energizing! You be part of it! Save Bangalore!

No comments:

Post a Comment